All Natural Roasted Hazelnut Espresso Energy Bites.
Makes around 15 bites
- 1/2 roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 15 dates
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 shots of espresso (freshly brewed)
- Pinch of salt
- Raw cocoa nibs to garnish
1. Start by softening the dates by pouring some hot boiling water over them. Let them soak for about 10 minutes and drain. Place in a food processor or blender and puree. Remove and place in a bowl.
2. Now it’s time to process the hazelnuts, espresso, vanilla, and cocoa until they’re almost pureed. Add mix to the dates.
3. Process rest of ingredients and add to the mix. Combine everything using a spatula or wooden spoon. Make sure you stir well.
4/ Place mix in a container, top with cocoa nibs, and refrigerate for about 2 hours. After they set (remember they’re chewy and not super hard), cut in small bites and enjoy!
Store them in the fridge. They’ll last about a week.
NOTE: If the mix is too wet to handle just add a few more dates and nuts and you’re good to go.
Needs this meooow